Fit for Active Daily Living
They return from their getaway feeling very pleased that they were able to keep up with their younger family members as well as knowing that they maintained a level of fitness during their break – thanks to some steps and their personal training sessions.
A regular at FitActive’s Fit in 45 exercise classes reported that she was finding that mucking out her horse’s field was much easier as a result of her new, improved fitness. She also became more aware of the best way of lifting and moving to ensure that she not only remained strong but also protected herself from back injury.
Even simple acts like being able to balance safely and strongly in the shower while washing the feet or getting in and out of the bath with confidence make all the difference to daily life.
Of course, there’s lots of clinical research that demonstrates the many physiological benefits of keeping fit. Some of these are less obvious to us as they’re not apparent from simply looking in the mirror or taking a bath.
• Reducing your risk of osteoporosis – post-menopausal women are at significant risk of developing reduced bone density.
• Protecting your heart – after the menopause, there is an increased risk of heart attack which is reduced by frequent aerobic exercise.
• Improving your cognitive function – less brain fog, yet another symptom of the menopausal years.
• Weight management – hormonal shifts as part of the aging process can cause more fat accumulation that becomes more difficult to shift.
• Improved quality of sleep – calming for disrupted sleep patterns.
• Improving flagging energy levels.
• Improved posture and balance.
• Rehabilitation following surgery.
Whatever your primary reason for your motivation to make a start, a personal trainer will tailor your session for your unique needs. And then will you find out the many additional perks that regular exercise has to offer you.